4/22/2011

New pages...?

Hi everyone -- been thinking of getting some reference material up on static pages for this blog for those seeking answers to questions like, "what strings do I use for such and such antique instrument?" or "what should I use to clean the finish and fretboard?" and so on.

Before I go compiling all this stuff together, though, please let me know what topics you'd find interesting to see covered. The only thing I don't want to get into is repair instruction... as it's extremely time-consuming and there are numerous websites out there on the net that are great references for the beginning repairman.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jake

Are you thinking about making the new pages open ended so if someone were to ask a specific question you would answer in the way you'd approach the issue on your own instruments? That could be very cool.

Ben

Antebellum Instruments said...

Ben: yup.

Josh said...

I'd like a "what the heck strings should I use for a 1925 Taropatch, and how should it be tuned" sort of page. "OK, so I've got a harp-tiple-banjo; now what?"

Antebellum Instruments said...

Josh: Sounds good. :)